High emissions due to several issues was solved by pleated bags
- UNITED KINGDOM
Removal of slag after casting process and general ventilation of casting fumes
Manganese, foundry ferrous fume and nickel
Bad baffling in two dust collectors caused swinging of the 4 meter long filterbags. This resulted in holes in bags and thereby high emissions (higher than the 20mg/m3 set out by public authorities).
- Decreasing of filter length (1,26m vs. 4m) has removed issue with swinging of the bags
- The PU-top makes fit to the holeplate very easy
- Spunbund polyester, which is a surface filtration media, is more efficient for pulse cleaning keeping deltaP low for substantially longer than the felt media. An advantage when dP-cleaning as in this case.
- Simultaniously, as a consequence of upgrading to pleated bag filters, the filter surface area has increased by 10%.
- Weldtech technology (ultrasonic welded bands) ensures perfect fit of the bands and equal pleatdistance
|Bag solution||Pleated bag solution|
|Dust type||Manganese, foundry ferrous fume and nickel|
|Filter type||Filter bag||Pleated Bag|
|Media/cloth type||Needle felt with water/oil repellent finish||Spunbond Polyester with PTFE coating|
|Number of bags/cartridges||960 pcs (spread over 2 collectors)||960 pcs (spread over 2 collectors)|
|M² in each bag/cartridge||1,95m²||2,15m²|
|M² in unit / air volume||1.872m² / 117.000m3/h||2.064m² / 117.000m3/h|
- Lower emission levels
- Longer general life cycle of filters and no in-between changeouts
- Same filter types (size of top and length) used in several collectors makes stockholding easy and simple - and provides significant savings