- USA: Texas - Austin
The Customer often needed to shut down due to high differential pressure issues. The reduced flow was decreasing production capacity at the plant. The unit was evaluated - a 67,500 ACFM / 115.000 m3/h dust collector containing 1020 bags - and learned that:
- Customer was pulsing multiple valves at once on the same header tank
- The cleaning system was undersized
- Pleated bags with a high efficiency ePTFE membrane was installed.
- By increasing the filter media area and using a membrane media providing optimal dust release capacity, the air flow was increased and the operating differential pressure of the baghouse was lowered.
- Also, the cleaning system was overhauled to allow for only one valve to be fired per pulse, thus optimizing the cleaning arrangement.
|Bag solution||Pleated bag solution|
|Dusttype||Finish mill cement dust|
|Filter model||Filter bag||Pleated bag|
|Media/cloth type||Polyester felt||Spun bond with ePTFE membrane|
|Number of elements||1,020||1,020|
|Sqft in each element (Total)||15sf/1,4m2 (15,300sf/1420m2)||
|Filter life||2 years||3 years|
- Lower operating Dp
- Reduced down time and maintainance cost
- Lower emissions
- Cost savings