Replacing bag filters with filter cartridges solved emission problems at Calucem d.o.o.
Cement plant: Calucem D.O.O
Calcium Aluminium Cement
- At Calucem d.o.o. the Scheuch filter bags caused various problems.
- Due to very limited space in the collector, the filter bags had to be installed horizontally. However, the horizontal installation eventually caused the filters to bend/fall down into the collector decreasing the filtration efficiency.
- The plant consequently experienced very high dust emissions: 47 mg/m3
- By installing shorter Clean Side Removal Cartridges instead of filter bags, the lenght of the filters was reduced from 1125mm to 800 mm solving the baghouse size issues
- The shorter filters could be installed vertically
- Despite installing shorter filters, the filter area was increased from 22m2 to 100m2 per baghouse due to the pleated technology
|Bag filter||Cartridge Filter Solution|
|Dusttype||Calcium Aluminum Cement|
|Collector running hours/year|
|Filter model||Scheuch filter bags||Clean Side Removal Cartridges|
|Media/cloth type||PES Needlefelt||Polyester media|
|Number of bags/cartridges||40||40|
|m² in each bag/cartridge||0,55||2,3|
|m² in unit||22||100|
- By installing pleated filter technology with more filter media area in the existing baghouse, the baghouse capacity at Calucem d.o.o. was increased
- Improved dust collection performance resulted in emission levels decreasing from 47 mg/m3 down to only 4 mg/m3
Advantages – confirmed by customer:
Calucem d.o.o. confirms that the following advantages has been obtained by installing shorter Clean Side Removal Cartridges
- Baghouse capacity was increased by almost 5 times
- Problems with filters bending/falling into collector solved
- Emission levels decreased from 47 mg/m3 down to only 4 mg/m3