High emissions and short lifetime solved by PPS Pleated bag
TiO2 / Titanium Dioxide
Customer required reduction of emission level and a longer lifetime.
- Emission level was higher than 20 mg/m3
- Lifetime of filterbags was only 14 months
- Quality of filter cages was poor, so changeout was also required every 14 months
- Pleated bags with specially developed topflange made installation in existing mainplate possible
- Decreasing of filter length (2m vs. 3,5m) gives bigger dropout box, allowing heavier dust particles to fall into the hopper before reaching the filter surface.
- Pleated PPS-media, which offers advantages from the surface filtration concept, is more efficient in relation to dust capturing than the Aramid felt media.
- Simultaneously, as a consequence of upgrading to pleated bag filters, the filter surface area has increased by over 100%. This ensures a longer lifetime.
|Bag solution||Pleated bag solution|
|Filter type||Filter bag||Pleated Bag|
|Media/cloth type||Aramid felt||PPS pleatable|
|Number of bags/cartridges||224||224|
|M² in each bag/cartridge||1,7m²||4m²|
|M² in unit / air volume||380m² / 16.000m3/h||896m² / 16.000m3/h|
- Lower emission levels (<5mg/m3)
- Longer general life cycle of filters and no in-between changeouts (Before change out every 14 months, now every >36 months)
- Fast and easy change-out of the pleated bag where all parts are integrated