Pulse cleaning problems & short life cycle of filter bags solved with spunbond polyester pleated bags
Foundry & Grinding
Cast iron grinding powder
- The use of 160x5000mm polyester felt filter bags caused problems as dust particles would not release from the felt media
- The result was pulse cleaning difficulties and rapidly increasing deltaP leading to a too short life cycle of the filter bags
- Spunbund polyester, which is a surface filtration media, is more efficient for pulse cleaning keeping deltaP low for substantially longer than the felt media.
- Simultaniously, as a consequence of upgrading to pleated bag filters, the filter surface area has increased by 55% equal to an air to cloth ratio of 50 m3/m2/hour (2.7:1).
- More efficient pulse cleaning has resulted in decreased energy costs as well as longer filter life cycle.
|Bag solution||Pleated bag solution|
|Dusttype||Cast iron grinding powder|
|Filter model||Filter bag||Multifit Pleated Bag|
|Media/cloth type||Needle felt||Polyester|
|Number of bags/cartridges||300||300|
|M² in each bag/cartridge||2,5m²||4,5m²|
|M² in unit||750m²||1350m²|
- Longer life cycle of filter
- Better air flow and reduced DeltaP due to more efficient pulse cleaning
- Energy savings on main fan & pulse cleaning